General Manager – Precious Metals
Thomas Francis executive search has partnered with a Mid Cap Explorer and Producer of Precious Metals. Headquartered in the Americas the business is producing on two continents with several development and early exploration projects ongoing.
Their operation in Africa has been in operation for less than a decade and has a considerable LOM remaining. Additionally, the client is confident the ongoing exploration in the surrounding areas will enable the asset to considerably extend the life of mine for years to come.
The asset has numerous operational challenges related to the location, Environmental, Climatical, Logistical etc. If you are seeking a key holder role where things run perfectly this would not be an easy transition.
However if you have previous experience as a Mine General Manager and are interested in significantly improving the operational efficiencies of a promising asset, have the ability to bend and not break then we would be interested in hearing from you.
Wish list of experience/skills:
- MBA/MSc preferred
- BSc in relevant field, Mine Engineering, Geology, Metallurgy etc
- >15 continuous experience in the Mining industry
- >5 years experience managing teams with FTE responsibility >500
- Experience in working FI-FO rotations
- Experience of Africa or multicultural environments
- Had full P&L responsibility for an asset previously
- Precious Metals and Underground experience preferred
- Fluent in English
- French speaking ability would be beneficial
- Trouble shooter, finds opportunity in challenges not challenges in opportunities
- Ideally worked with big tier 1 mining companies as well as smaller businesses with less mature and robust processes
In return the client is offering a comprehensive remuneration package consisting of Base, Bonus, Long term incentives linked to progress (metrics TBC), pension, Health Care etc. (all in country expense including tax are covered)
Mining & Quarrying