HSE Director (Site based) – Mining
**HSE Director Multi-site responsibility – Mining
**Reports to CEO
**Expat package with tax equalized base, STI, LTI, Housing, Car and Schooling
**Newly created position
About the Company & Position
Thomas Francis Executive Search is working with a major diversified Natural Resources Business with interests across the commodity spectrum and producing assets on most continents.
A cluster of their opencast assets has experienced a number of safety issues. In response the client is seeking a proven HSE Director with a demonstrable track record of improving safety in multicultural environments that can oversee a cultural change to the clients approach to safety.
The policies and practices are in place however efficient implementation and adherence to both safety and environmental standards has been lacking; the clients Total Recorded Injury Frequency Rate has suffered the consequences.
Working in partnership with the Assets’ CEO and the group VP of HSE the candidate will be expected to contribute to a significant reduction in TRIFR and LTI. Safety is a major priority for the relatively new management team, you will be afforded the time and resources to implement change.
Thomas Francis Executive Search would be interested in hearing from candidates with;
- Excellent safety record in Mining environment
- Degree from reputable university
- Had HSE responsibility for workforces >2,000 employees
- International experience working with multicultural semiskilled workforces
- Ability to influence internal stakeholders at senior and line level
- Experience of implementing ISO and OHAS Standards
- Consensus building approach to health & safety
- Management experience
- Fluent English both written and spoken
In return you can expect a comprehensive remuneration package with full expatriate benefits
Job Reference: MIN65MAR
Mining & Quarrying
Negotiable salary and benefits package